BRIDESMAID DRESS ORDERS
- Once the desired style, color, fabric, and size of the dress have been selected, a signed copy of the Order Form must be completed by the bride.
- Bridesmaids’ dresses require full payment before an order can be placed. Dora Grace cannot place the bridesmaids’ dress order until the entire bridal party order is complete.
- Each of our bridesmaid designers has a different size chart. It is critical that each bridesmaid use the designer’s specific size chart to pick her dress size. The size selected for the dress is a standard size per the designer’s size chart and is not made to your measurements. Because the dresses are not made to measure, alterations should be expected once the dress is received.
- To order a bridesmaid dress, you will need to know your bust, waist, and hip measurement. Size is determined by the largest measurement; therefore, alterations are almost always required and they are not included in the price of the dress. When looking at the size chart, we recommend choosing a larger size if your measurements fall between two sizes. It is much easier to take a garment in, than to let it out.
- Depending on the bridesmaid designer, special exceptions can sometimes be made for a bridesmaid who is pregnant – please contact us about this.
- Our designers use the finest fabrics. Silk fabrications often contain variations and irregularities, which are inherent in fine silk yarn.
- These characteristics enhance the natural beauty of the fabric and are not considered defects. Please note that fabric color may vary due to variations of dye lots and may not be the exact color that was selected from the color card or swatch.
TIMING FOR DELIVERY
- Our designers require 12-16 weeks to manufacture their garments. In order to allow time for proper alterations, we recommend that bridesmaids order their gowns a minimum of 4.5 months before the wedding, leaving between 2 and 4 weeks for alterations and an additional 2 week window in case designers run behind.
- Rush orders can often be placed at an additional charge. The lead-time and charges vary by designer.
- Dora Grace provides an in-house seamstress as an added service. However, all alterations provided at the store are done by an outside seamstress that does not work for Dora Grace, LLC therefore Dora Grace, LLC takes no responsibility on the work done by these outside professionals.
- These dresses are intended to be altered and any competent tailor should be able to perform the necessary alterations for it to fit you well if you are unable to be fitted at Dora Grace.
- All gowns and merchandise are sent to Dora Grace and can be picked up at the boutique. Alternatively, bridesmaids’ dresses can be shipped to individuals using a trackable system via UPS or FedEX. Shipped packages will require a signature upon delivery. Shipping is $35 per dress. We do not ship internationally. Please call for rates if shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
- If you change your mind after you order, and choose not to pick up your dress at Dora Grace, we are happy to ship the dress to you for the $25 shipping fee. Likewise, if you choose to change your order by picking up your dress instead of having it shipped, we can accommodate the change and refund the shipping.
- Since our merchandise is made to order, there are no exchanges or refunds. All sales are final. There are no exceptions.
Because you are out of town, we strongly recommend that a professional seamstress, bridal consultant or a tailor take your measurements. There will be an additional charge for sizes 18 and over. Please contact the store for charges as each manufacturer differs. If you are taller than 5’8″ you may need extra length. There may be an additional charge for extra length. If you order a dress when you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant; mother’s to be should discuss sizing needs with a staff member. Most bridesmaids dress sizes run larger than normal clothes. Your measurements are used along with a size chart to help determine the best size for you. Dresses are not made to customers measurements; and in most cases, alterations are necessary. The independent seamstresses that we recommend do charge for alterations. Dora Grace’s staff will suggest sizes based on the understanding that you have been professionally measured and that those measurements are accurate. THE SIZE YOU CHOOSE IS ULTIMATELY YOUR DECISION. Please be aware that there are usually small seam allowances in bridesmaids dresses. which makes it harder to let out than take in. If you are between sizes, consider the largest measurement first, as well as the style that you are ordering and then determine which would be easier to alter.
UPON SIGNATURE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS BELOW.
- All sales are final. There are no return, exchanges, refunds or transferred credits on any item sold at Dora Grace, LLC (DG).
- As this garment is a special order it requires three (3) to four (4) months for production. All ship dates are approximate. The manufacturer reserves the right to change a ship date based on their production schedule.
- After the special order has been placed with the manufacturer you can not add a rush to expedite the order.
- When placing a special order, please review your ticket to ensure that the style, size and color are correct.
- Sizes are only recommended based upon the specific manufacturer’s size chart that you are ordering from. We are not responsible for measurements not taken at DG. DG will not be held responsible for the fit of your garment should you choose a size other than our recommendation.
- DG is not responsible for the fit or additional costs (alterations or materials needed) due to weight loss/gain and/or pregnancy
- Manufacturer dye lots may vary and DG is not responsible.
- The bride or Party’s contact person will have approximately one week to check merchandise over for manufacturer flaws. It is that person’s responsibility to notify the members of the wedding party in a timely manner.
- Any merchandise that has paid for additional shipping to be sent to another state will go UPS ground insured. Package will require a signature upon arrival.
- If the wedding date changes for any reason it is the responsibility of the bride and/or party’s contact person to notify DG.
- Once merchandise is removed from DG we are no longer responsible for the care or condition of the item. Please inspect before you leave the store.
ALTERATIONS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Alterations are a separate cost and work by appointment only. Alterations will be needed as the garments ordered are not custom made for your measurements.
- All alteration fees are due and deposit is due at the first fitting.
- All seamstresses at DG work on a contract basis and are not employees of DG. The seamstress is solely responsible for the quality and completion of the alterations discussed, paid for and approved by the customer.
- DG and/or their contracted seamstresses have the right to refuse alterations to any individual under any circumstance at any time.
- DG, nor their contracted seamstresses are responsible for the fit or additional costs (alterations or materials needed) due to weight loss/gain, pregnancy or plastic surgery.
- Any issues or concerns need to be discussed directly with the seamstress so that she may explain and address any and all issues with the fit of the garment. In the event of a disagreement, any and all resolutions will be at the discretion and sole responsibility of the contracted seamstress.
- Shoes and undergarments (including but not limited to: slip, bra, and spanx) must be decided upon, purchased and brought to the first fitting and all proceeding fittings.
PURCHASING AND ORDERING POLICY
- PRICES & DEPOSIT: If my gown is part of a bridesmaid order then the order will NOT be placed with the manufacturer until ALL bridesmaids and/or flower girls have been measured and paid in full for each gown. Bridesmaid dress orders require full payment for orders to be placed.
- NOTIFICATION: To pick up my order is via a phone call to the main contact (for maids’ orders: the Bride), when my order arrives. Merchandise must be picked up within 2 weeks after DG’s notification call. A $25-per-week storage fee is charged to extend my pick-up date beyond 2 weeks. Payment or pick up failures will forfeit both my money and my merchandise.
- Dora Grace, LLC management must – in writing – approve all variations in the above Terms.